Our Mission & Strategic Goals
Suffern Free Library, at the heart of our community, shall provide resources, services and programs to support learning and enhance discovery so that all succeed.
Reimagine Suffern Free Library to meet evolving community needs and improve its ability to identify and respond to changes in the world.
Develop and Promote new service models that reach and excite people about the library.
Create a secure financial future for the Suffern Free Library.
Implement a renewed program of convenient, responsive, customer-focused library service.
New Projects for 2022-2023
When you visit the Library in the upcoming year, you’ll see some changes. The Library building is now over 20 years old and it’s time for some updating and freshening up. You’ll see fresh paint in certain areas, more color, new furniture, and a brighter environment. We will post updates here regularly to keep you abreast of these changes.
- Our Children’s Room, YA Room, sections of the Adult Reference Room including the study rooms, and Café Area have been painted.
- We have new furniture in the Café Area.
- New carpets have been installed in the Children’s Room.
- New carpets in the New Books and New Media area, circulation workroom, and administration offices.
- Received a grant from PLA for the Digital Literacy Workshop Incentive, supported by AT&T. Have purchased Chromebooks and tablets for public classes and public use.
- Grand opening of the Library’s new outdoor patio and storytime gazebo.
- Opening of the new Bridges Library Cafe.