Follow us on Facebook!
Resources for Teens while At Home
- Want to improve grammar and language arts skills for the SATs? Check out Dictionary.com’s Learning at Home Center at https://www.dictionary.com/e/learning-at-home-parent-teacher-center (There are also sections for younger children in preschool and elementary school.)
- Getting Ready for AP Exams? Visit https://apcoronavirusupdates.collegeboard.org/students to see a schedule of when you will be able to take the online version of the exam and how to do so. Teens can also watch free AP review lessons at https://www.youtube.com/user/advancedplacement.
- 2020 Census: https://youtu.be/k8706jVa6Q4
- Are you a teenager feeling anxious over COVID-19? Do you know a teenager who is? Check out these websites for help. https://www.nytimes.com/2020/03/11/well/family/coronavirus-teenagers-anxiety.html?smid=fb-share
- New York State Mental Health Resources
- There is also an OMH Emotional Support Helpline (1-844-863-9314) for New Yorkers who feel the urge to talk to someone about anxiety they feel over COVID-19
Are you in grades 7-12 and looking for volunteer hours? Perhaps you want to have a say in what teen materials the Library purchases or what events we have. Or maybe you just want free food! Either way, join the Suffern Teen Advisory Council.
In the fall of 2022, we’ll be restarting our teen anime club! Each month, we will watch an episode of an anime, then discuss our favorite anime and manga, talk about anime and manga news and vote for possibilities for the next month’s meeting.
Each month once the Library is closed, the teens get to come back and do special activities with their friends. There is a theme for each month’s lock-in and we serve food! Once a year, we host an overnight lock-in for teens who complete the Summer Reading Program.
Movies & Music
The Suffern Library has a large music and movie collection which is available for FREE. Search the Library Catalog for your favorite artists. You can also download music and videos for FREE using your library card.
Need help with school? The Library has 14 databases including encyclopedias, magazines, atlases, biographies, newspapers, language help, science help…and so much more. Use your Suffern Library card to get started.
All teen events require advance registration and are open to residents of the Ramapo Central School District. We ask that you please register online. For Lock-Ins, parents/guardians are required to walk the attending teen into the Library and sign the permission slip.
If you have questions, please contact Ms. Jennifer at email@example.com or at 845-357-1237.
Suffern Teen Advisory Council (S.T.A.C.)
June 6 / 6:00-7:00 pm
Teens in grades 7-12 looking to volunteer can join us at our meetings each month on the first Monday of the month. Register online.
Cooking Demo: Frozen Hot Chocolate
May 9 / 6:00-6:30 pm
Now that the weather’s getting warmer, join us to learn how to make a delicious frozen treat! Don’t forget to register online so we know the amount of ingredients we need to buy.
SRP Decorating Lock-In
May 27 / 6:30-9:00 PM
Teens can get 2.5 hours of volunteer credit by helping us decorate the library for the 2022 Oceans of Possibilities Summer Reading Program. Teens planning on attending need to register on our online calendar of event so we know how much pizza and snacks we need to supply.
Need help with an assignment? Can’t find the information you need online? Looking for a specific book? We can help. Contact us today with your questions. Our Young Adult Librarian, Ms. Jennifer, is here to help.